Last modified: 07 March 2019
Welcome to Pocket Classrooms!
Thanks for using our products and services (“Services”). The Services are provided by Velocity Corporation Limited, located at 2302, 23/F, New World Tower 1, 18 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong, China.
You must read and agree to these terms and conditions before you may access, view or register on our site or for membership to any of our services. Please read them carefully.
By visiting the Pocket Classrooms website, (Hereinafter referred to as “PC”) you are agreeing to its terms. This Agreement is subject to change at any time and changes are effective upon posting. Bookmark this page and check it frequently as it is up to you to refer to this page for any amendments/changes to the original Agreement.
Pocketclassrooms.net is the E-Learning platform provider for Pocket Classrooms. Pocket Classrooms is marketed worldwide under various regional Pocket Classrooms websites. Registering or enrolling with Pocket Classrooms is tantamount to registering and enrolling solely and exclusively with a company relevant to the grade for which you are registering, and all terms and conditions are applicable to all entities and are interchangeable.
Any student that downgrades his/her chosen option and would ordinarily qualify for a refund if they have overpaid on a pre-payment basis, will not be supplied a refund but will instead receive a credit that should be used within 12 months or it expires; such credit may only be used for other extra courses on offer.
Customers may choose different subscription options based on their preferences, and each one has specific and unique characteristics. For ease of use, these have been categorised. However, each and all customers must still adhere to ALL terms contained herein, and where applicable, also to those that are specific to their product selection.
- If relevant, the applicant hereby applies to enrol his/her child (or himself if he/she has attained legal majority) with Pocket Classrooms online teaching service. For more information about what we offer, see our website at www.pocketclassrooms.net.
- Such application or ongoing attendance of the student may be approved or declined at the sole discretion of Pocket Classrooms, before enrolment or at anytime thereafter.
- The parent or guardian completing registration warrants that he or she has provided information that is true and correct, and accepts full personal responsibility for the payment of all fees. (Any notices may be served on the address provided by the parent/guardian)
- The parent/guardian and student accepts to abide by the terms, conditions and rules of conduct as explained from time to time as described in these Terms and Conditions.
- The applicant may give notice at anytime.
- The parent/guardian and student accepts to abide by the terms, conditions and rules of conduct as explained from time to time in the Rules of Conduct section below.
- The fees itemized exclude all textbooks for grades 5,6,7,8,9, GED L1, GED L2, and certain literature textbooks for older grades, stationery and if applicable, GED exam and or SAT exam registration fees.
Fees and Payments
- Each student’s fees are due monthly in advance and are non refundable and non transferable.
- Any monthly fees that are not paid on time will result in the student’s login details being automatically de-activated and the student account suspended. Re-activation will only occur against payment of the outstanding invoice/s.
- All payments are done via our debit order merchant, Fingo, and are made to Pocket Classrooms PTY LTD.
- All fees are non-refundable and not transferable. No refund will be granted.
- All students need ongoing access to a reliable mobile device, good quality broadband internet.
- This service is totally reliant on the internet and various technologies. Should any service or delivery interruptions or problems occur for any reason, Pocket Classrooms will in no way be liable for any damages or losses of any nature whatsoever.
- If actively subscribed, the applicant may be supplied login details to access online assessments on a regular basis.
- Such assessments will test the applicant on work covered and give scores or grades where appropriate.
The applicant acknowledges that no warranties or guarantees of any nature have been offered to the applicant, except for those described in these terms and on the website, www.pocketclassrooms.net
Pocket Classrooms Specific Terms Relating to Deliver Via The Internet:
- Technically, Pocket Classrooms is not a registered school, but is an educational service that offers comprehensive teaching with qualified teachers via the internet. Parents are still legally responsible for homeschooling their children up to grade 9 (or such later grade or age as may be required by the laws of your country) and should register with their Governmental Department of Education, where applicable and if required.
- Fees are due during all holiday/recess periods according to these calendar/s. Fees are quoted per year and all amounts need to be paid in full by December. The published fees are for a full academic year from January to December, inclusive. (payable in 12 instalments).
Rules of Conduct:
- All parents and students undertake to comply with all reasonable requests made by Pocket Classrooms from time to time.
- Pocket Classrooms is therefore not solely responsible for the teaching of your child, and the parent is legally responsible for such learning on the part of his or her child. What Cyber School Group offers should be seen as supplementing what the parent is already teaching at home.
- All students register on a “one learner per login basis”. This means logins may not be shared and are for the sole and exclusive use of the registered student. The same applies to all other materials supplied, including ebooks, worksheets, quizzes, tests, assessments and any other information delivered to the student.
- Students and parents only have access to online course materials during the year (in months) in which they have a valid registration. After completing a grade, no farther access to any of the online learning materials will be granted.
- Pocket Classrooms may terminate, without penalty, any student/parent’s enrolment by giving 7 days notice. In the event that payment has been made beyond the 7 days, then a refund for the outstanding monies paid will be made.
- Pocket Classrooms makes estimations in their marketing materials regarding the amount of bandwidth required by students, but this is subject to many factors that may influence this requirement. Therefore, parents are advised that this estimation may increase and Pocket Classrooms is not responsible for any inaccuracies in this regard.
- Pocket Classrooms reserves the right to amend and edit the student schedules as required, from time to time.
- Pocket Classrooms accepts no responsibility whatsoever as to the suitability, candidacy, or eligibility of any student to write or be eligible to write or sit for any exam or examinations offered by any third party. It is solely the responsibility of the parent to verify any requirements set by these third parties, and to ensure that any subject choices or teaching that they receive via Pocket Classrooms complies with any future plans they may have for further studies elsewhere and or any admission requirements laid down by any Governmental Education Department or Educational Institution.
- All GED students’ final exams are done via an independent company and organisation. All registration is done via GED Testing website (www.gedtestingservice.com) and Cyber School Group plays no role in this process whatsoever. All fees (for the exams, results and certificate/s) are payable to the GED Testing Services and these financial transactions and all dealings with GED Testing Services, including the exams, exam venue, results, certificates, etc. should be directed to GED Testing Services and not to Cyber School Group.
- All SAT exams/tests are done via an independent third party supplier and its affiliates. All registration is done via the College Board’s website (www.collegeboard.org) and Cyber School Group plays no role in this process whatsoever. All fees (for the exams, results and certificate/s) are payable to their affiliates and these financial transactions and all dealings with the College Board and their affiliates, including the exams, exam venue, results, etc. should be directed to the College Board and not to Cyber School Group.
- Registration for both the GED (US based high school equivalency exams) and the SAT test (if applicable) remains the sole responsibility of the parent, and Pocket Classrooms does not warrant, guarantee or vouch for any student’s eligibility or acceptance to be able to register or sit for any of these exams.
- The absence of any student does not allow a parent to stop paying any fees due during any particular period/s of absence.
General Access terms for Pocketclassrooms.net:
- Eligibility: You must be eighteen or over to register as a member/student of or use this site, otherwise a legal guardian must register on your behalf. Membership in the service is void where prohibited. By using and/or viewing this site, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this agreement and that you are at least 18-years old (21-years old where 18 is not the age of majority). Content is provided by third parties and offering them subscription space is not intended as an endorsement of these entities, their services, or policies. “PC” is not affiliated with them. By using and/or viewing this site you represent and warrant under penalty of perjury the following: That you are an adult, at least 18-years of age (21-years old where 18 is not the age of majority); That you represent and warrant that you have not and will not use and/or view the Site(s) in a restricted location – namely a place, country, or location in which doing so would, or could be deemed a violation of any law, regulation, rule, ordinance, edict or custom.
- Fees/Termination: “PC”’s usage and/or subscription fees were provided to you upon registration and may change from time to time upon electronic notice to you. “PC” reserves the right to terminate your access to the site for any reason or no reason. “PC” may terminate your membership upon sending notice to you at the email address you provide in your application for membership or such other email address as you may later provide to us. If “PC” terminates your membership because you have breached this Agreement, you will not be entitled to any refund of any unused subscription fees. Even after this Agreement is terminated, certain provisions will remain in effect including sections 1, 3, 14, inclusive, of this Agreement.
- Restricted Commercial Use by Members/Viewers: Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not become members of this site and shall not use the “PC” service or site for the purpose of sending unsolicited commercial e-mail to members, sending advertisements for other web sites and services in this site’s chat rooms, or using member personal identifying information for commercial purposes. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the site, including unauthorized framing of or linking to the site or the sending of unsolicited commercial email will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress and/or termination of membership at “PC”’s sole discretion. In order to prevent the sending of unsolicited commercial email or chat messages to its members, “PC” may take reasonable steps, including the limiting of the numbers of emails or chat messages sent or received by a member and electronically filtering or throttling or terminating e-mail and chat messages at “PC”’s sole discretion.
- Proprietary Rights of Content on “PC”: “PC” owns and retains other proprietary rights in the “PC” site and the “PC” service. The site contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of “PC” and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
- Copyright Policy/DMCA Notice: You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights or otherwise have a valid basis under the law, including “fair use”. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the “PC” service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information consistent with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA): an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the our site including the URLs of web pages and/or hyperlinks; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. “PC” ‘s Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the intention of “PC” to fully comply with the DMCA, including the Notice and “takedown” provisions and to benefit from the safe harbors immunizing it from liability to the fullest extent provided by law, and to the extent the Notice and “takedown” requirements above deviate from the requirements under the DMCA then the Notice requirements as provided by the DMCA shall control and are herein incorporated by reference.
- Member Disputes: “PC” does not solicit or control the information provided by other users that is made available through our system. You may find other user’s information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate and/or deceptive. If so, please request a profile review using the link provided on the member’s profile page or at various other places throughout the website. Please also use caution, common sense, and safety when using our site. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other “PC” members. Because it is not involved in member interactions, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more members or those who have posted, viewed and/or used information on the “PC” site, you release “PC”, including its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees, from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code § 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” “PC” reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other members.
- Disclaimers: “PC”, including its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the site or in connection with the “PC” service, whether caused by users, members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the service, nor for the conduct of any user and/or member of the “PC” service whether online or offline. “PC” assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user and/or member communications. “PC” is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users and/or members or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the “PC” site and/or in connection with the “PC” service. Under no circumstances will “PC”, be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s use of the site or the service and/or any content posted on the “PC” site or transmitted to “PC” members. The site and the service are provided “AS-IS” and “PC” expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. “PC” cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the site and/or the “PC” service.
Note to WebTV users: Our current site technology does not support WebTV access for various features and compatibility is not warranted.
- Limitation on Liability: Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted (and in that event liability is disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law), in no event will “PC” be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits arising from your use of the site or the “PC” service, even if “PC” has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You further agree to hold “PC”, including its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees harmless for claims arising in the event that other user’s profile ultimately proves to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate and/or deceptive. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, “PC”’s liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to “PC” for the service during the term of membership.
- U.S. Export Controls: Software from this site is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
- Notices/Other: Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices shall be given by e-mail to email@example.com: or to the email address you provide to “PC” during the registration process. Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, “PC” may give you notice by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested, to the address provided to “PC” during the registration process. In such case, notice shall be given 10 days after the date of mailing. You agree that this Agreement and all incorporated Agreements may be automatically assigned by “PC”, in our sole discretion, to a third party. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. References to “PC” shall include its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees. “PC”’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Acceptance of these terms and conditions is made upon clicking the ‘Accept’ button when registering/enrolling on this site. By accepting these terms and conditions the user and or applicant becomes a customer that applies for the service/s mentioned in these terms and conditions. These are subscription services that are paid monthly in advance. By accepting these terms and conditions, the applicant warrants that he/she accepts the terms and conditions contained in this document and additional regulations and guidelines as are contained, from time to time, on the website, www.pocketclassrooms.net.